Thursday, June 2, 2011

season 2. for real this time.

so i know i've said it before, but i'm trying not to lie so much these days.  i'm back. for real. so shut it.

so what if it's been almost 6 months since my last blog.

so what if i promised to start up again 267 times.

i do what i want.

and i'm sorry.

i thought i'd keep it short and sweet today, you know, to ease you back into this.  you'll thank me later.


see this sweet face?  my precious baby.  little c.

i used to think he bled perfection.

 i used to think he would always be my sweet angel.

 i used to think the he loved me as much as i loved him.  and he'd lie to protect my feelings.  at all costs.  forever.

then yesterday he asked me why i even went for a run.  you know, like "why bother"?

"are you trying to get skinny, mommy?"

"i'm trying"

"why aren't you getting skinny?"

insert expletives.

not really.

then this morning, as i hugged my precious child, (even though he slept in, got up, went to the bathroom and went straight back to his room to play without saying "good morning" or throwing a hug in my general direction because he "forgot"), i asked him why i wasn't skinny.

big mistake.  huge.

he actually had an answer.  ready.  waiting.

"because you sit inside all day.  you have to run every day."

then he grabbed my cheeks with his little crappy hands, turned my face towards his, and repeated "EVERY day."

game over.

see you tomorrow.

-forever dimply stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment